Friday, June 19, 2009

On Iran

So I have decided to start a blog. Why? Because its time I get out of the hole I fell into 10 years ago. But that is another story I will tell later.

Iran:
The people of Iran have brought me here to ramble on with my opinions. As they gather in the streets to fight for their rights, it has become clear that this is more than just any old story on the other side of the world. This is, in my opinion, a bigger story than the US election of 2008. This is, dare I say, akin to the Berlin Wall coming down!

The people of Iran, young and old, have taken it upon themselves to start a revolution. They risks their lives for the right to have their votes counted. And now the world is watching and waiting to see what happens next.

Tomorrow, June 19, 2009 very well may be the tell all day for the future of Iran. A "Sea of Green" march is planned. Supported by Mr. Mousavi (Presidential candidate) and Mr. Rafsanjani (former Pres of Iran.) The Ayatollah Ali Khamenei (Supreme ruler of Iran) has said any violence will be met with force. From most of the video I have seen, the marches have been peaceful. Yes there is violence, but it seems to be isolated. Of course with the media blackout, its hard to tell. I believe the supreme leader will use these isolated incidents to cause some real harm tomorrow. Lets hope the "radicals" with their cameras and cell phones can get the real story out.

To the People of Iran: We the people of the United States wish you luck tomorrow. We stand with you and would gladly walk hand in hand on your journey towards true freedom. Your silent marches are deafening! Good luck and Stay safe

No comments:

Post a Comment